Rava upma Serves: 2
Rava – 1 cup
Onion (finely chopped) – 1
Green chilli (finely chopped) -1
Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 piece
Water – 2 cups
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
For the seasoning
Oil – 3 tsp
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Urad dhal – 3/4 tsp
Red chillies -1
Curry leaves – some
1. Dry roast rava until it is hot & turns little brown.
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds after it splutters, add urad dhal, red chillies & curry leaves.
2. As dhal turns golden brown, add chopped onions, green chillies and ginger. Saute until onions turn transparent.
3. Then add 2 cups of water, ghee and salt as needed. Taste the water and check for salt.
4. When the water starts boiling, reduce the flame to low, add rava gradually with one hand and keep stirring with your other hand.
5. After rava absorbs all the water, cover it using a lid & cook on low flame for 6-7 minutes.
6. Stir is occasionally. Delicious rava upma is ready to be served.
7. Serve RAVA UPMA with Coconut chutney & Sambar.
January 5, 2018 nradmin