Hot Butter Cake
Salted butter – 100 g
Caster sugar – 85 g
Egg – 3
Self raising flour – 175 g
Sultanas – 50 g
Milk – 1 tsp
Salted butter – 40 g
Demerara sugar – 2 tsp
Grounded cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 190 degree celcius. Grease a 20 cm round sandwich tin with a little of the base with baking paper.
2. Using an electric whisk, cream the rest of the butter & the cater in a bowl, until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg, one at a time the flour. Add the sultanas and milk & mix.
4. To make the spiced topping, put the butter into a mixing bowl with the sugar and cinnamon & mash them together.
5. When the cake is done remove it from the oven & spread the butter over the top.
6. Leave it to stand until butter has soaked in, then remove it from the tin cit it into wedges & serve.
October 23, 2017 nradmin