Fresh pineapple (peeled) – 1
Slivers of fresh coconut – some
Pineapple juice – 1 1/4 cups
Coconut liqueur – 4 tsp
Preserved stem ginger – 1 in peice
Syrup – 3 tsp
1. Peel & slice the pineapple, arrange in a serving dish & sprinkle the coconut slivers on top.
2. Place the pineapple juice & coconut liqueur in a pan & heat gently.
3. Thinely slice the preserved stem ginger & add to the pan with the syrup.
4. Bring just to the boil & then simmer gently until the liquid is slightly reduced & the sauce is fairly thick.
5. Pour the sauce over the pineapple & coconut, leave to cool, then chill before serving.
The pineapple is a tropical plant with an edible multiple fruit consisting of coalesced berries, also called pineapples, and the most economically significant plant in the Bromeliaceae family.
Pineapples are tropical fruit that are rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidents. They may help boost the immune system, build strong bones and aid indigestion. Also, despite their sweetness, pineapples are low in calories.
October 13, 2017 nradmin