Garlic cloves (finely sliced) – 2
Onion (finely sliced) – 1
Fresh red chilli (finely sliced) – 1
Fresh thyme – 15 g
Mushrooms (finely sliced) – 250 g
Cauliflower (chopped randomly) – 320 g
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Wholewheat penne – 200 g
Fresh flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped) – 15 g
Ricotta cheese – 100 g
Lemon – 2 tsp
Parmesan cheese – 20 g
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Fill a large pan with salted water, place on a high heat and bring to the boil.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, chilli and thyme, then cook gently until golden.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and cauliflower, cover with a lid & cook gently for about until softened.
4. Then add the pasta to another pot of boiling water & cook for 10 mins.
5. Once the pasta is softened. Stir in the ricotta, then season to taste with salt, black pepper and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
6. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan, off the heat. Taste and season with salt, pepper and the remaining lemon juice.
7. Stir in the sliced raw mushrooms, the Parmesan cheese and half of the parsley leaves.
8. Now Mushroom & cauliflower penne is ready. Serve with the remaining chopped parsley and cheese sprinkled on top.
August 28, 2017 nradmin