Plain flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Soft butter for greasing
Sour curd – 4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Melted butter – 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Grease a shallow microwave safe dish using soft butter. Line it with a piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the dish and again grease it using a little soft butter.
2. Sieve the plain flour and baking powder and keep aside.
3. Now add the curds and baking soda in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
4. Combine the butter, sugar and ¼ cup of hot water in bowl & mix well using a whisk.
5. Add the curds-baking soda mixture, plain flour-baking powder mixture and vanilla essence & mix well to make a smooth batter.
6. Pour the batter into the greased microwave dish & microwave on high for 4 minutes.
7. Remove from the microwave and keep aside to cool for 6 mins.
8. Loosen the edges with help of a butter knife and unmould.
9. Remove the butter paper and discard it.
10. Now Vanilla Sponge Cake is ready to serve.
August 7, 2017 nradmin